Monday 30 April 2007

Land Below the Wind I

As i promised, more posts on food from my trip to KK, Sabah. First place that my aunt brought me and my bro to eat was this really nice chinese restaurant called Tien Tien which i have been to a couple of times from my previous trips. Thankfully it is halal so me and bro got to indulge in our favourite dishes as it is quite difficult to find really nice chinese restaurants in KL which are halal. Usually the ones that are, somehow doesn't quite have that "umph" if you know what i mean especially when it comes to chicken rice. Anyhoo...lets just get on with the photos...hehe



This is the chicken that came with the chicken rice set which me and bro ordered. The chicken is roasted and covered in sesame seeds. It was really yummy... :) My aunt settled for white rice so we could order side dishes and share on top of having a serving of roasted chicken each... (makan sakan la nih...)



This is the beancurd (tofu) with seafood and veggies. It had a fair share of fish, squid, prawns, carrots, snowpeas, black fungus...you name it. Nicely done as well.



Next was this chicken dish which i loved that i "tapau" it a few days later to eat at home with some hot leftover rice. Ooooooh.....just fabulous. Oh almost forgot to tell what it is...i can't remember the name exactly but it's called chicken in black bean and vinegar somethin...it tastes close to sweet and sour but better! Crispy chicken nuggets in sticky vinegary sweet n sour sauce...memang sedap.



Lastly a veggie dish, one of my favourites as well, brocolli with assorted mushrooms stir fried in some sort of soy sauce.



View of my plate...huhuhu I really enjoyed every single dish we ordered. I was one happy and satisfied girl that day :D

The next morning my bro wanted to have breakfast here so my aunt and him had the noodles and i just watched because i can't really eat heavy in the morning.




He had the dry noodles in soy sauce with the same roasted chicken we had with the chicken rice the day before...looks good eh? (dia mimpi ayam tu kot mlm smlm, hehe)



My aunt had the noodles with beef soup. Basically it's a choice of either noodles with chicken, beef or seafood and also either you want it dry or soup.

Itu saje buat masa ini... whenever you go to KK remember Tien Tien...

1 comment:

demerara said...

Omg those look so... yum. I want. to GO to KK. Can't string sentences. Yum. Everything looks so.... yum. That mixed mushroom is so tempting!

I want good halal chinese food! There's one in between Dungun and Rantau Abang in Terengganu. It's owned by Chinese Muslim so it's halal and I remember going there almost every other night whenever I go to my dad's hometown. Mmmm food....