Wednesday 25 April 2007

Fruit Flan...or Tart



While i was in Sabah, i took the opportunity to bake a few things for my aunt cause it's not always that i get to do it since she's so far away...This fruit flan was her choice from one of her recipe books. Therefore, while typing this it just hit me that i'm not able to share the recipe because the book is all the way there!....*sigh* I'll just generally explain the steps...it's quite simple actually and it turned out good... :)

First step is to make a basic shortcrust pastry. The usual flour, butter, a little sugar and an egg yolk. The crust is baked first without the filling and that's the only baking required. The filling was custard which i made from egg yolks, sugar, cornflour and milk....you can just use custard powder or also change it to cream or cheese filling. Anything goes basically.... Last but not least decorate with desired fruit and chill till set. I use red grapes, kiwi and canned mandarin oranges. I wished i has strawberries but couldn't get any!!! (and also bloody expensive)

Sorry again for not having the exact recipe...i think for those who are familiar with baking shouldn't have a problem with it... :)




Cube lah flen kastad buah ni ye!!! hahahaha...


3 comments:

demerara said...

HAHAHAHA

You joker! So chef wan la you.

Anyway, that fruit flart (flan/tart?) looks really goood wo. yummm


I'm trying to make cream puffs sometime this week. If I do, I'll post!!

lovanilla said...

hhehheee....okay..it's actually flan but when ppl ask what it is and i say fruit flan they all go blur and like have to ask another 3 thousand times b4 i give up and say tart. Nanti tanya la..ha? flen? flan? flawn?

p/s: how come my post about the cheese takde tempat for comments? its like beside the numbers terus the pencil icon...(if you get what i'm saying)

GO CREAM PUFF!!!

demerara said...

But wouldn't a flan not have a pastry? I konfius!

p.s.: I edited the post so now got tempat for comment! weehuu.

CHECK OUT CREAM POWERPUFF entry!