Tuesday 1 May 2007

Land Below the Wind II


Mid-week of my stay in Kota Kinabalu...my aunt brought me and bro away for a mini holiday (despite being in KK itself is already a holiday for us) to Nexus Karambunai which is a seaside resort in Sandakan. It's only about 45 mins to an hour's drive from home. So off we went for a 2 days 1 night stay, just me, bro, aunt and grandma. After a day's swimming and soaking in the sea, it was time to relax and have some good food. As usual the hotel's coffee house offers either a buffet spread or ala carte.


My bro was the only one who took the buffet and so i only managed to snap photos of the dessert spread. (Tak larat nak jalan banyak2) As usual the lighting was dimmed hence the darkness of the pictures and plus i was just using my camera phone...didn't have all those funky functions of a digi cam. Anyways, first up was a hazelnut tart with some chocolate deco.


The assorted mousses. The top one is chocolate and the triple colored ones were vanilla mousse with strawberry and mango coulis. Looks so pretty...taste quite good. (suroh adik amik i curi2 makan)


They even had chocolate covered apples...


and sugary covered apples as well...i thought it was toffee apples at first but the reddish sugary coating doesn't look like toffee to me...


Lastly, mini chocolate mousse tartlets. These were the only ones i thought looked interesting, of course there were loads more but it's nothing anyone has never seen before. Now we can go on to the ala carte that me and my aunt ordered.


I had the chicken and pesto focaccia sandwich. The bread was a little hard but the filling was really yummy and it was such a big portion with the fries and veggies that i only ate half and saved the other half for the next day...hehehe...:)


My aunt had the steak pie if i'm not mistaken. I don't think it's steak and kidney but definately steak and something...looks so cute with the mash potato, gravy and salad. Everything was okay but according to her it was a tad bit salty and could have been better.

You must be wondering where did grandma go...well she had egg sandwiches and i totally forgot to snap pictures of those because our order arrived late and everyone was really hungry and grandma was sitting furthest from me...ahak :P

No comments: