Monday 25 June 2007

Tio Pepe


(sounds vulgar gila kan HAHAHAHAHAHA)



A Spanish-Mexican restaurant located on the Greenwich Village in Manhattan. My friends and I were just walking blindly into places to eat, so we settled into this one because the cuisine seemed interesting. I've eaten Mexican food these few years, and not exactly Spanish, and because I'm slightly cacat, I would assume Mexico and Spain is the same country. HAHAHA



Don't be fooled by the posh crowd. As this was Saturday, where the B&T's (bridge & tunnel people- non new yorkers) come in with killer dresses and suits while we wore like kampung.


Like most latin dining, they usually serve taco/tortilla chips with salsa first, which I am not exactly fond of. Their chips are usually dry, which is not for my savoury-type of tongue.




My style of dining would be a plate or two of appetizer to share, and then a nice fat entree to be shared as well. I think it's an asian thing for to be kongsi-mongsi, and no wonder orang lain tend to look at us because of this behaviour kut??? At least we don't bazir the food that way, kan?



My friend Midnight Miss Suki (hahahaha sila google). I absolutely love wine collections, though I don't drink 'em. Makes your badan too panas lah!


And here comes my appetizer: Alitas Michoacan. It's basically marinated chicken with chipotle BBQ sauce. HAHAHAHAHAHA




My friend Joanne ordered Paella Marinera, it's like nasi biryani with seafood and lobster, but without taste. The fishy smell was so strong because of its lack of seasoning and spice (they left it boiled camtu je) and I wasn't so fond into digging in the paella sangat. Midnight Miss Suki got this heavily salted octopus meal called Pulpo a la Gallega, which apparently on the menu says:

"octopus Galecian style sauteed with paprika, extra virgin olive oil and sea salt"



Seriously, the sea salt was more like pebble salts. I accidentally bit into one and it drove me mad. MAD.



Clockwise from top left: chips, paella marinera, pulpo a la gallega, salsa, marinated chicken.



MY RATING: 2.5 out of 5 stars (due to smelly paella and supersalty pulpo)

No comments: