Wednesday 11 March 2009

dotty dot dotness

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish a massive ultra congratulations to our resident virginredvelvette who tied the knot with the love of her life last Friday. On behalf of the ringless virginredvelvettes (lol), I wish you and your husband all the happiness in the world and please please make cute babies so we can bake cute cakes for them and they'll love us more because we'll be their cool aunts. haha

I also would like to dedicate the following sonnet penned by the sexy work of words by Pablo Neruda:

Sonnet LXIX

Maybe nothingness is to be without your presence,
without you moving, slicing the noon
like a blue flower, without you walking
later through the fog and the cobbles,

without the light you carry in your hand,
golden, which maybe others will not see,
which maybe no one knew was growing
like the red beginnings of a rose.

In short, without your presence: without your coming
suddenly, incitingly, to know my life,
gust of a rosebush, wheat of wind:

since then I am because you are,
since then you are, I am, we are,
and through love I will be, you will be, we'll be.



Lovanilla and I had the privilege of baking the wedding cake. It was hard work and we went through one hellova rollercoaster (emotionally, mentally, and physically) but we made it through and we're very proud of it. Especially because it was made with love (chewah!).

I think we'll probably provide a more in depth post on the cake-making procedure soon. Personally for me, it was one of the most exciting things I've done in a while. I love the adrenaline rush, the tension, the sense of accomplishment and the pressure against time... fuhhhhh just thinking about it makes me want to relive it.

For now, I'll just leave you with a teeny image of the cake :)

1 comment:

nanie said...

God knows how much I really miss this blog & my virginredvelvettes.. It's been a while since i logged in or even share a recipe.. Logging in again after few months, living far far away from you girls and now reading the post, i feel so proud to have you girls around. EVERYBODY and most importantly US, LOVE THE CAKE ! It tastes not only butter & cream but LOVE ! Keep posting girls, I do need a lot of these now :)